Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] request for fixes for certificates dissection

From: Yaniv Kaul <ykaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:56:29 +0200
First, my thanks for all those who've done a great job dissecting all this BER stuff! Keep up the good work.

Secondly, here are some bug reports / enhancement requests:
1. In packet-ber.c, in dissect_ber_bitstring(), the inital seperator "(" which is set in line 978, is not displayed sometimes, so you might get something like:
keyUsage: 86)
As the code section there is almost Chinese to me, I rather not touch it and let someone else fix it.

2. In general, it would be great if we could give a summary of the certificate. The subject DN, for example. Right now, it's quite difficult to dive into the details of it.

3. More OIDs needed to be added (found on SSL with Microsoft):
1.3.6.1.5.5.7.1.1
1.3.6.1.4.1.311.20.2
1.3.6.1.4.1.311.21.2
1.3.6.1.4.1.311.21.1

4. I'm attaching a snoop, please look at packet 27 (after desegmenting everything), first certificate, issuer's rndSequence. There are strange items there. I doubt the OID is correct for them.

5. When is the serial number displayed in hex and when in decimal? I suggest we'll have both, but having sometimes this and sometimes that is a bit confusing (see first cert's serial number and last). I assume it's because sometimes it's a compund number (complex? 0x23 type) and sometimes simple.

All in all, however, it works great.

Y.