Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Problem building guide

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:00:49 +0200
Ulf,

I've just spent half an hour trying to build the guide on a suse 9.1
First I needed to change the path to docbook-xsl, unfortunately there
is no comment in the catalog file that the Makefile needs to be changed
too. Also, the fop command is just fop on suse, just as it should be.
Is there a reason why you hard coded two different shell scripts into
Makefile? And after a) finding the correct path for docbook-xsl and
b) changing catalog.xml and Makefile to use that path and c) installing
fop and d) fixing Makefile to use fop I'm now presented with the
following error:

jmayer@egg:~/work/ethereal/trunk/docbook> make
--- VALIDATING XML ---
"xmllint" --valid --noout user-guide.xml
cp "/opt/kde3/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl"/images/note.png ./graphics
cp "/opt/kde3/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl"/images/tip.png ./graphics
cp "/opt/kde3/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl"/images/warning.png ./graphics
--- PDF A4 PAPER ---
"xsltproc" --stringparam paper.type A4 --nonet custom_layer_pdf.xsl user-guide.xml > user-guide.fo
Making portrait pages on A4 paper (210mmx297mm)
"fop" user-guide.fo user-guide.pdf
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/apps/Fop
make: *** [eug_pdf_a4] Error 1

Any idea how to get over this?

 ciao
   Joerg