Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to get the Win32 build to work again

From: Yaniv Kaul <ykaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 00:55:18 +0200
Well, one can't <rant< </rant> all the time.
Trying to get the Win32 build to work:

1. distclean: It doesn't seem to delete all the object files in the root dir that are a result of a compilation of $(DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC) - defined in epan\Makefile.common. Why is it in epan\Makefile.common, and the files are not in epan but in the root is beyond me. One of them (the location of the files or the decleration in the right Makefile) is probably wrong.

2. Anyway, changing the definition from:
DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC =    \
   adler32.c    \

to:
DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC =    \
   ../adler32.c    \

seemed to have solved the problem for now. I'm ashamed to say I failed to understand this 'svn diff' stuff, so attached is the complete file :( I'd appreciate if anyone can tell me how to do it (under cygwin or via RapidSVN).

It also made distclean work almost right - just need to get rid of epan\print.obj and epan\ps.obj

Y.
# Makefile.common
#     Contains the stuff from Makefile.am and Makefile.nmake that is
#     a) common to both files and
#     b) portable between both files
#
# $Id: Makefile.common 11559 2004-07-29 00:11:14Z obiot $
#
# Ethereal - Network traffic analyzer
# By Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
# Copyright 1998 Gerald Combs
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
# as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
# of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307, USA.

# dissector helpers (needed from the dissectors, but not a dissector itself)
DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC =	\
	../adler32.c	\
	../afn.c	\
	../asn1.c	\