Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Problems making Ethereal RPM...

From: "Greg Morris" <gmorris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:58:48 -0600
Has anyone tried to build an RPM in the latest CVS?

If I try and build the RPM with

make rpm-package

The make process fails due to changes for the shared libwiretap.so* and
libethereal.so*. If I change the ethereal.spec file to make the
wiretap/.libs and epan/.libs directory and copy in the files the RPM
will build but after installation the Ethereal executable can't locate
the libraries. Is there something that the spec file should do as well
like exporting the path? Please advise, I am a novice when it comes to
the make and spec files for Linux. I am building on SuSE 9. Normal build
of Ethereal doesn't create the standalone libraries and everything is
linked into the Ethereal binary. So is this a bug in the rpm-package
branch of the make file? I posted a few days ago and haven't heard back
so that I would try again with a little more info.

Greg