Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 0.10.5 patches

From: Noah Misch <noah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:50:26 -0700
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:05:27AM -0500, Albert Chin wrote:
> 1. [gtk/simple_dialog.c]
>    The function definition must match the prototype or the IBM C
>    compiler errors out.

It looks to me as though they do match.  The first parameter is an ESD_TYPE_E in
both the prototype and the declaration, or at least they are in CVS HEAD.  What
error message did you see?

> 2. [acinclude.m4]
>    Don't assume u_int64_t exists. It doesn't on Solaris 2.5.1.

That test is the only usage of u_int64_t in the ethereal source.  It looks like
guint64 is the canonical choice.  How about just testing with that?  One might
also change configure.in, which currently uses uint64_t and u_int_64_t(???).