Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Authors in HTML man pages

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:13:51 +0200
Olivier Biot wrote:

Hi list,

If you replace the enclosing <p>...</p> of the 2 authors parts with
<pre encoding="utf8">...<pre> then the authors are correctly rendered
in ethereal.html (at least, on MSIE6). I however have no time for now
to look into how this can be fixed; for now I manually perform the 4
edits.

I've tested this with the current Mozilla 1.7 and it works the way you describe it.

Had a look at selfhtml (a comprehensive german html reference), but didn't find notes about the encoding attribute (at least in the html part).

However, the conversion from plain text to html is done with the pod2html perl script from the makefile in the doc dir.

As this script can't easily be changed (as it's not provided by us, but part of the perl package), I don't see an easy way to include this conversion.

Regards, ULFL