Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal 0.10.5 with gtk1 on RedHat 9.0 (and Solaris 9)

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff_morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:26:13 -0400

Ulf Lamping wrote:
Michael Tuexen wrote:
[...]
Ethereal is fully functional except when I want to save the
capture to a file and click on the 'Save' button of the
Ethereal Save Window it crashes with the error message
Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

I've checked the same on my Win32 build and didn't get any problems. Does anyone else on RedHat using GTK1 has the same problems?

I tried it out and I see it on Solaris 9 (using the package I downloaded from ethereal.com):

root@pico 2% ethereal
Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
root@pico 3%

Note that that it does not appear to be crashing but rather exiting.

Also note that the file that I saved the capture to exists after exiting.

One more note: I can only reproduce it 3-4 times on a given machine before it magically stops happening. Uninitialized variable?