Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Use of NO_PORT2 for dissecting conversations

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 02:46:07 -0700
On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 02:59:11PM -0700, Dinesh G Dutt wrote:
> On a separate note, I couldn't figure out why we have two sets of similar
> #defines, NO_ADDR2/NO_PORT2 and NO_ADDR_B/NO_PORT_B.

So that people don't think that the first and second address arguments
and port arguments to "conversation_new()" are in any way connected with
the first and second address arguments and port arguments to
"find_conversation()" (I think, a while ago, somebody writing some
dissector code *did* think that, and got confused, so I renamed the
arguments and the flags so that they're "addr{1,2}" and "port{1,2}" in
"conversation_new()" and "addr_{a,b}" and "port_{a,b}" in
"find_conversation()").