Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] no success building ethereal on cygwin/w2k

From: Noah Misch <noah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:08:05 -0700
On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 08:57:21AM -0700, Susan M Lockwood wrote:
> Hi, Noah -
>
> Answers to your questions below. Thanks for helping...
>
> --> What version of ethereal?
>
> ethereal-2004-04-26.tar.gz

Do you have a particular requirement for this version?  If not, I would
generally recommend CVS HEAD, a <1 week old daily snapshot, or the latest
release (currently 0.10.4).

That said, the files likely to be relevant to your problem have not much changed
in these two months, so I don't think a new version would make the problem
disappear.

> --> Did you build the glib-1.2.10 and gtk+-1.2.10 described in
> README.win32?
>
> Near as I can tell, yes. I'm a newbie, so I was following the directions
> pretty closely and not
> making what may be some obvious assumptions/leaps of logic.
>
> glib/gtk+ versions and patches downloaded yesterday from  ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.2/
> (glib-1.2.10.tar.gz and glib-1.2.10.tar.gz)

The cause of this problem is not apparent to me, then.  Please send the output
of these commands:

$ echo 'GTK_MAJOR_VERSION GTK_MINOR_VERSION' | gcc -E \
`pkg-config --cflags gtk+` -include gtk/gtkfeatures.h -

$ uname -r -v

$ gcc -v

Please also send your ``config.log'' file, the output of your ``configure'' run,
and the output of the full build process.  (gzip them if you like)