Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] WTAP_ENCAP_FRELAY

From: Jeff Foster <jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:29:35 -0500
It's even worse, I tried to open the capture with Sniffer 4.2 and it doesn't
understand the file. It decodes the first two bytes as Frame Relay
Fragmentation
and show the third and fourth byte as the Frame Relay addressing. Even then
the address decode displays an error.

Jeff F>

From: Guy Harris [mailto:gharris@xxxxxxxxx]

> Marc Carbones said:
> > The Ethereal can see the FR packets but no the IP information inside,
> > this is my problem.
>
> The problem is twofold:
>
>     1) it's using DLCI 0, which the Frame Relay dissector currently
> interprets as LAPF;
>
>     2) it *looks* as if the payload begins with a zero pad byte followed
> by an Ethernet type (or Cisco HDLC type), which isn't an encapsulation
> format Ethernet knows about.

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
***