Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Experimental capture file merge feature in Ethereal

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 00:09:36 +0200
Hi List!

I've implemented an experimental capture file merge feature.

It will do the following:

If the current capture file is a temporary file, the user will be asked to save it, as only saved files can be merged.

Then it will open a "file open like" dialog box, where the user can select the file to be merged to the currently loaded file.

The resulting capture file will be handled as a new temporary file, just like a newly untitled captured one.

The current merge implementation is experimental only, will not handle file errors appropriately and needs some code cleanup (e.g. find a good seperation between mergecap.c and merge.c, as I've duplicated a lot of code).

One thing really missing now is a preview in the file open dialog box (and other corresponding ones), which will tell the user the values of the currently selected file (file size, time of capture, ...)

Any comments welcome.

Regards, ULFL