Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] The Capture session could not be initiated (( no devices foun

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:12:32 +0200
Hi Ray,

you can give anyone read access to the bpf devices via
sudo chmod uog+r /dev/bpf?
This means that ALL users can sniff packets until the machine is
rebooted.

Best regards
Michael

On Jun 10, 2004, at 11:39 PM, Ray Mason wrote:

I’m trying to run ethereal on my MAC running OSX 10.3 and it looks like this device does not exist.  I found the following on one of your FAQ’s:

On BSD, note that you need to have BPF support enabled in your kernel; see the documentation for your system for information on how to enable BPF support (if it's not enabled by default on your system).

Do you have any notes on how I can enable this support on OSX 10.3?

ray

Ray Mason

650-390-4071

rmason@xxxxxxxxx