Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Can visual C++.net standard be used to build ethereal?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 10:07:20 +0200
Gary Demske wrote:

Has anyone rebuilt ethereal-0.10.4 using microsoft Visual C++ .net Standard version 2003.
All I see are visual C++ version 6 references.
I have two dissectors working with linux that I would like to port to windows.
Any help would be appreciated.
There are two reasons why the .net compiler version cannot be used (at least today).

See Readme.win32 in the ethereal sources for details.

BTW: Should we include this question to the FAQ list as it's often asked?

Regards, ULFL