Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Linking against OpenSSL

From: Thomas Anders <thomas.anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 16:09:52 +0200
Biot Olivier wrote:
|From: Thomas Anders
|
|Still, (UCD|Net)-SNMP depends on OpenSSL for SNMPv3 support, |which affects us when using "--with-(ucd|net)-snmp".

But then either *-SNMP has a license that complies with the OpenSSL
license, or they have the same issue we have. Either way, we have a
problem.

I asked the Net-SNMP developers about this and they replied:

  "OpenSSL and Net-SNMP both use a BSDish license, so there is no
    conflict on our side."

Their license actually has 5 parts and is available at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/net-snmp/net-snmp/COPYING?rev=5.2.2.3

Comments?

+Thomas