Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] PATCH: Better decoding of AIM Message block

From: "Devin Heitmueller" <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:08:33 -0400
Hello,

Attached is a patch to better decode the outgoing and incoming message blocks for AIM.  This extends on some work Guy did on May 23rd.

Couple of notes:
* It's likely the message block dissection code could be used in packet-aim-chat.c, but I haven't had a chance to get a trace to see if it works.  This is why the message block dissection code is in packet-aim.c instead of packet-aim-messaging.c.
* It's using the same TLV for both incoming and outgoing messages.  This may or may not be a problem.  There may be a need in the long term to split the two into separate TLV sets, but I haven't found the need yet.

Dissection could still be improved, but it's one step closer.

Thanks,

Devin Heitmueller
Senior Software Engineer
Netilla Networks Inc.