Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] How to use the doxygen stuff

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 19:11:54 +0200
Richard Urwin wrote:

On Tuesday 01 Jun 2004 9:28 am, Ulf Lamping wrote:
To get the documentation I do (in the gtk or epan dir):

nmake -f Makefile.nmake doxygen

This will currently generate html output only, to save generation
time, as I very often regenerate the output while improving the
header files for doxygen. Latex (and indirectly pdf) output can be
easily added later.

If you have access to the MS help compiler, (probably only with Visual Studio,) the compressed help file format is very nice. It might be worthwhile to allow doxygen to create the precursor files for that as standard.

The MS help compiler is freely available at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/htmlhelp/html/hwMicrosoftHTMLHelpDownloads.asp

No problem with producing the required files for this, until it won't significantly slow down generation. In that case we could include the generation later, when some more work on the tagging of the sourcecode is done.

Regards, ULFL