Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] How to use the doxygen stuff

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:28:22 +0200
Ethereal development <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 01.06.04 02:20:35:

> OK, so there are some nice doxygen.cfg files in the tree, but what do I
> do with them (aka: how do I build the documentation)?

Please note: the doxygen stuff is really at an early stage right now, however I'd like to have a helping hand (or two :-)

There are doxygen targets in the gtk and epan Makefile.nmake file, this will work for win32 only, of course. As I don't have much knowledge on the unix makefiles, feel free to add this if you like. This should be easy to do, a copy of the makefile targets might work.

I've started the doxygen stuff in the epan and gtk modules (don't try to start doxygen in the rootdir!).

You have to install doxygen, and point the DOXYGEN var in config.nmake to the doxygen program.

To get the documentation I do (in the gtk or epan dir):

nmake -f Makefile.nmake doxygen

This will currently generate html output only, to save generation time, as I very often regenerate the output while improving the header files for doxygen. Latex (and indirectly pdf) output can be easily added later.

Have a look at the output in gtk/html/index.html.

I'm currently working on the gtk header files, to get some more usable output.