Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Generic media dissector

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 01:26:14 +0200
Hi list,

I just checked in a generic media dissector, in analogy to the generic
"data" dissector. The generic media dissector however is to be used
when a media type is specified for the body, like in HTTP, WSP and SIP
where the Content-Type header conveys the media type and associated
optional media type parameters. In all other cases, the "data"
dissector is to be used.

To quote from the CVS check in message:

  Note that you must set the pinfo->match_string to the media type
name,
  and if the media type is specified with parameters, then those
parameters
  can be added to pinfo->private_data. If there are no parameters, or
the
  parameter decoding is not implemented, you must set
pinfo->private_data
  to NULL.

It has been implemented in HTTP, WSP and the multipart mesia
dissector. There     are still some TODOs (like in the WSP dissector).

Regards,

Olivier