Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal 0.10.3 bug and update

From: "Stuart MacDonald" <stuartm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:38:08 -0400
Ethereal: 0.10.3
Interface: GTK2
OS: Windows XP

First an update on the "right click auto-selects first menu item" bug,
and then a new bug.

From: Stuart MacDonald [mailto:stuartm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > In this case you could send me the capture file (please no
> > megabytes :-)
> > so I can try to reproduce it on my machine.
>
> Here's a very short capture, which I can reproducibly get this to
> happen. It's me just listening to www.di.fm, so there's no start or
> finish to the stream.
>
> - start ethereal
> - open capture file (toolbar, open, open recent, does not matter)
> - right click on a packet in the packet list
> - stream is automatically processed

This is reproducible on a colleague's machine who also has 0.10.3 with
GTK2 installed.
This is *not* reproducible on a colleague's machine who has
0.9.something installed.
This is *not* reproducible on my machine if I uninstall and reinstall
with the GTK1 interface. Uninstalling and reinstalling back to GTK2
interface causes the problem to be reproducible again.

Again, the attached capture is sufficient, as long as it's the *first*
right-click after Ethereal has been started, and you right click a
packet (in the packet list) *other than* the one that is already
selected.

New bug:

When parsing a large capture, a progress dialog box appears. Clicking
Cancel causes Ethereal to exit entirely! It really should just cancel
the current parsing, and perhaps display the progress to that point.

..Stu