Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Missing p_report_failure

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:36:21 +0200
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:07:11PM +0200, Lars Roland wrote:
> However we should make it explicitly clear that this is a GPL'ed dll and
> only GPL'ed applications are allowed to use it. I think of a note on the
> webpage and specially at the download location for the windows
> installers and somewhere in the installer.

Doesn't the installer show the top level COPYING file? If so, it begins like
this:

            Just to avoid some misunderstandings:
            While parts of Ethereal can be built and distributed as libraries,
            these parts are still covered by the license below, and NOT by the
            Lesser General Public License or any other license.

> I think there is a special GPL (not LGPL) license for libraries, isn't it ?

No.

 Ciao
   Jörg