Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] MSVC++ and ethereal-filter documentation

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:23:08 +0200
Hi list,

I found another MSVC++ documentation issue due to using cygwin perl: chomp()
will not remove the newline sequence, but only the newline character which
appears to be the last character on a MS-DOS format line with \r\n line-end
sequence.

As a result, we cannot rely upon chomp() in such cases, and the only viable
option is to get rid of \r and \n by means of a global substitution, like:

	# chomp($_) will not work on MSVC++ builds with cygwin!

I'll check in a patch for doc/dfilter2pod.pl later tonight.

Regards,

Olivier