Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] [RFC] specially mark protocol fields "generated" by Ethereal?

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:26:36 +0200
Hi,

it is an interesting question. I was assuming that in the middle pane the
protocol fields are displayed in the sequence they appear in the packet
(and related to the layer in the stack). For other thinks I was using
hidden fields and I'm currently working on analysis stuff which I thought
would be display best in a separate window via the Statistics menu.
We should have one way to handle this stuff across al protocols to have
a simple und coherent GUI.

Any suggestions?

Best regards
Michael