Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] print output enhanced (especially ps2pdf/ghostview support)

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:06:19 +0200
Hi List!

Again, I've changed / added some things to the print output:

-ps: added some formatting hints for ghostscript, so conversion from ps to pdf will be even better
-ps: print a thin line at the top and bottom of the page
-ps/text: add an option to start a new page for every packet (formfeed)

I tested the postscript changes with ghostscript and a postscript printer I had available.

If this changes should make any problems with other postscript printers, please let me know.

BTW: If you have ghostview installed on your system, you can get a nice looking pdf from the postscript printout.

Just do a postscript print to file, getting a file named "ethereal.ps" or such, and then convert this with:

ps2pdf ethereal.ps

to a pdf file.

The pdf file will include bookmarks containing the summary line of each packet (which then points to that packet, of course).

Regards, ULFL