Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Possible IEEE 802.11 dissector bug

From: Loránd Jakab <lorand.jakab@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:58:16 +0200
Hi everyone,
I have a problem with the PDML output of some IEEE 802.11 frames. I use
tethereal to transform binary captures to PDML, then I wrote a Perl
script based on the XML::Parser module to extract some information.
Recently I came across a probably malformed packed, that causes
tethereal to output binary data into the PDML file, which breaks the
parser. The binary data is written to the "show" attribute's value
field. If it is a malformed packet, it would be best that the dissector
would put only ASCII charcters in that field, maybe the hexa or octal
values...

A packet that demonstrates the problem is attached.

Could someone please post a patch?

Thanks,
Lori
o o o  Lorand Jakab
o o o  Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
o o o  Departament d'Arquitectura de Computadors
U P C  Campus Nord, Modul D6, Sala 001
CCABA  Jordi Girona 1-3                     E-mail: ljakab@xxxxxxxxx
D A C  08034 BARCELONA Catalunya            Jabber: lorand@xxxxxxxxxx