Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Compiling packet-rtps using VC7

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:49:13 +0200
Ronnie,

could you provide a link where it is stated that you are
not allowed to compile GPL code with VC7?

Best regards
Michael

On 18. Apr 2004, at 7:56 Uhr, Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:

I dont know,   compileing for VC6 usually works fine.

Beware though, the licence agreement of VC7 and VC.NET or whatever it calls
it   does NOT allow you to compile GPL code.
So i assume few etehreal developers are actively looking into VC7 issues.
( i mean whgats the point, you may not even compile ethereal
with that compiler anyway)

If you want to be allowed to compile ethereal using that compiler i guess
you should complain to microsoft.