Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] RE: ADNS for Windows and Ethereal (WIN32 Issue)

From: "Wescott, David H" <david.h.wescott@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:02:34 -0700
To List,

Can someone please let me know the status of this issue?  After a new
WIN32 version of ADNS was announced on April 7th (see below), I was
expecting a new WIN32 version of Ethereal to follow which incorporated
the new ADNS version.  The new ADNS version was needed to eliminate DNS
traffic storms that we isolated to Ethereal.  We have had a few users
install the new ADNS DLL, but there are many more that we were hoping
could be corrected via a new Ethereal install.

When should we expect the next WIN32 version of Ethereal to be released?
Will it include the new WIN32 ADNS version?  If there will be a long
delay, we can work to independently propagate the new ADNS DLL to all
our WIN32 Ethereal users.

Regards, David