Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Add PDML output to ethereal

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:40:03 +0200
Oliver Biot wrote:
> Today we can only produce PDML output in tethereal (with the -Tpdml
> command-line option). I guess it is not that complicated to add support
for
> PDML output in Ethereal, unless I ignore the consequences of packet
> reassembly?

Yes I would like to be able to get PDML-output  from Ethereal.

I'm using the PDML output for certain things and will probably use it much
more in the future.
I'm often using Tethereal from some batch scripts to produce the PDML output
and do some post-processing.

But in some cases it would be easier to do PDML output from Ethereal since I
may have to change some "Decode As..." settings
based on the contents in the sniffing and then it is a bit annoying that I
cannot do the output directly from Ethereal.