Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] First success with plugin dissectors on cygwin !!!

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:47:50 +0200
|-----Original Message-----
|From: Guy Harris
|
|On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 06:49:42PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
|> That change appears to be what you recently checked in; it
|> appears to work on Mac OS X 10.3.3, at least.
|> I'll try it on Debian 2.something, FreeBSD 3.4, and
|> Solaris 7 at some point at home.
|
|Well, it seems to work on FreeBSD 3.4.

Hip hip hurray! I'll open a good bottle of wine on this success :)

It looks like the key to success was the addition of "-no-undefined" to the
linker flags and the linkage of libethereal (and GLIB_LIBS) for the plugins.

I hope the linkage to libethereal doesn't put too many constraints on plugin
dissector development as I don't know whether there are people that develop
a plugin dissector without building Ethereal (I even don't know if this is
possible altogether).

Regards,

Olivier