Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] packet-cops.c update for PacketCable - patch

From: Dick Gooris <gooris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:23:31 -0700
*,

Hereby I am providing the packet-cops.patch generated via :

           #cvs diff packet-cops.c > packet-cops.patch

This file is in the attached file called packet-cops.zip

With this patch, we will be able to decode PacketCable tables as well. Then you need to set the port number to 2126, and check the button 'Decode as PacketCable clients' underneath the Preferences --> COPS protocol settings.

I wrote a dedicated function called cops_to_disp_fmt() to print various data in a formatted way. This in combination with a subtree function cops_to_subtree() gives you the possibility to write decoding functions in which you can recognize the tables, amount of octets and information from the tables you sometimes have to type over from the protocol specs. Example of such a function is cops_gate_specs().
Could anyone check this in please, or what is the process ??

Regards,

   - Dick Gooris         Hilversum,     The Netherlands

Dick Gooris wrote:

Hello again,

I made some updates to packet-cops.c so it will also decode PacketCable tables as specified by PacketCable : PKT-SP-DQOS-I09-040402 (April 2, 2004) ( www.packetcable.com )

I have tested it and it seems stable under Linux as well as under a Windows build.

Who is willing to have a look at it before submitting it ?

Best regards,

   - Dick Gooris        Hilversum