Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Purpose of conversations ?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff_morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:55:37 -0400

Michael Lum wrote:

[...]

Note some of the PC/SSN values are taken from the MTP3 protocol.

--> SCCP CREQ [Calling PC=X, Calling SSN=254, SLR=1, Called PC=Y, Called
SSN=254]
<-- SCCP CC [Called PC=X, Called SSN=254, DLR=1, Calling PC=Y, Calling
SSN=254, SLR=5]
--> SCCP DT1 [Calling PC=X, Calling SSN=254, Called PC=Y, Called SSN=254,
DLR=5]
<-- SCCP RLSD [Called PC=X, Called SSN=254, DLR=1, Calling PC=Y, Calling
SSN=254, SLR=5]
--> SCCP RLC [Calling PC=X, Calling SSN=254, SLR=1, Called PC=Y, Called
SSN=254, DLR=5]

Now the above is a very simple "conversation" I would like to be linked
together.

I have code that is using PC as 'address' and SLR/DLR' as 'port'.

Some problems I can think of are:

1.  After the connection is released the local references become 'frozen'
for a short
	period.  So it is possible shortly after to see the "same" SCCP
CREQ.  How
	would one keep these as separate conversations?  Combine packet
number?

There probably needs to be a concept of the "end" of a conversation. At least the last time we discussed this:

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200310/msg00135.html

there wasn't the concept of a beginning nor end of a conversation, so... Probably the best way would be to add that before trying to make SCCP Class 2 conversations.