Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] TCP stream graph limitations

From: "Christian Falckenberg" <christian.falckenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:26:49 +0100
Title: TCP stream graph limitations

Hi folks,

I really like the integration of TCP trace analysis capabilities into Ethereal. Unfortunately, the code seems to be dependent on the lower layer protocols, so that I get the error message "Selected packet is not a TCP segment" if I select a TCP packet where the IP protocol is not on top of Ethernet (e.g. "Linux cooked capture" for tcpdumps on PPP interfaces on Linux, or for IP on top of GPRS SNDCP).

Is there an easy way to fix this, instead of adding new encapsulation types to get_headers in gtk/tcp_graph.c? Other TCP tools like Follow TCP stream work fine independent of the lower layer protocols, and I would expect the TCP graph feature to do the same.

Christian