Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Reading Tektronix K1205 traces with Ethereal

From: "Christian Falckenberg" <christian.falckenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:16:49 +0100
Title: Reading Tektronix K1205 traces with Ethereal

Hi folks,

Is anyone planning to develop the capability to understand the Tektronix K1205 trace format in Ethereal? It may not be too difficult looking at the example code for other analyzers in wiretap, but it would certainly require a detailed understanding of this format (the API manual on the Tektronix page may help with this). Are there any legal restrictions for doing something like this, with the possible need to reverse engineer the traces? Any experience from other analyzers regarding this?

I might want to give it a try, but I would be interested in any support.

Christian