Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Question/Suggestion Size/Number Totals

From: Alan Jones <asj987@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 12:24:02 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the info on the differences so, now i just
need to figure out how to get name resolution in that
window as all the IP addresses would be dificult.

------
Alan Jones wrote:
Thanks for the info, I am a little confused on the
differences between Conversion List vs EndPoint List
and how IP4 would differ from TCP (IPv4 & IPv6).

An IP conversation is between IP addresses (e.g.
1.2.3.4), a TCP conversation is between TCP ports
(e.g. 80).

And a conversation catches between a specific address
pair, an endpoint catches everything to *or* from a
specific address.