Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal 0.10.3 bugs

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 17:19:12 +0200
Stuart MacDonald wrote:

In this case you could send me the capture file (please no megabytes :-) so I can try to reproduce it on my machine.

Here's a very short capture, which I can reproducibly get this to
happen. It's me just listening to www.di.fm, so there's no start or
finish to the stream.

- start ethereal
- open capture file (toolbar, open, open recent, does not matter)
- right click on a packet in the packet list
- stream is automatically processed

**...I do *not* see this if, in the right click step, you right click
the first packet (the already selected packet). So it would seem to
depend on the selection having to move, as well as ethereal having
just started/the context menu having not been previously displayed.

Doing other things, like resizing the packet list window, do not have
an effect on the bug.

Another data point: it happens on the first right click after ethereal
has started. So I can open the capture multiple times, then right
click and it still happens.
Hi!

I've tried it with your capture file, but only got the correct behaviour.

I just cannot reproduce your problem :-(

Do you use the GTK and GLIB libs from http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/win32/development/ or some else?
Did you do a distclean/rebuild all?

Regards, ULFL