Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal 0.10.3 bugs

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:50:09 +0200
This does not happen on Mac OS X with gtk2.4.

Just the context menu is deisplayed.

Best regards
Michael

From: ethereal-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
I've started Ethereal, captured some packets and tried with a right
click inside the "packet list" but it worked as expected (it
only showed
up the context menu and didn't start anything else).

After that, I tried the same with a right click inside the "packet
details", and again it all worked well.

I see this only from the packet list, but that might be because...**

We might need a different way to handle this.
It *might* depend on the packets you capture, so does this
happen when
you load a capture file for the first time as well?

It does happen when loading a capture file instead of capturing
traffic, *but* still only the very first time after ethereal has
started.

In this case you could send me the capture file (please no
megabytes :-)
so I can try to reproduce it on my machine.

Here's a very short capture, which I can reproducibly get this to
happen. It's me just listening to www.di.fm, so there's no start or
finish to the stream.

- start ethereal
- open capture file (toolbar, open, open recent, does not matter)
- right click on a packet in the packet list
- stream is automatically processed

**...I do *not* see this if, in the right click step, you right click
the first packet (the already selected packet). So it would seem to
depend on the selection having to move, as well as ethereal having
just started/the context menu having not been previously displayed.

Doing other things, like resizing the packet list window, do not have
an effect on the bug.

Another data point: it happens on the first right click after ethereal
has started. So I can open the capture multiple times, then right
click and it still happens.

..Stu
Ethereal-dev mailing list
Ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx