Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New dissector gprs-llc ,patch packet-bssgp.c

From: <jkor@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 11:54:07 +0200
By my understanding there are differences. The structure of frame is similar: address field, control field , data , FCS. The control field for instance in 802.2LLC,HDLC .. is 1 or 2 bytes, but in GPRS LLC it is variable length max 36 bytes long.
   There are three types of frames in both protocols. The type of frame is determined with least significant two bits of control byte in HDLC, but with two most significant bits of control byte in LLC GPRS. The P/F bit is used only in U frames. The FCS is 3 bytes long. ...

                       Josef