Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] reassembly of PDU

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 02:19:03 -0700
On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 04:00:39PM +0200, Findeisen Lutz wrote:
> I've tried to do so with fragment_add() of reassemble.h from the
> ethereal source but it doesn't work.  (fd_head is not returned)

Note that it only returns a non-null value when reassembly is complete;
is it not even returning a non-null value on the last cell?

If so, I'd have to see the code (and the spec for the protocol) to see
what's being done wrong - how does something receiving an MPEG-2
transport stream know when it's gotten the last cell?  Is there a length
indication or is there a "last cell" indication?  Do cells have sequence
numbers or byte-stream offsets, or is the assumption that cells are
delivered in-order, with no loss, so that the N+1'st frame in the
sequence follows the Nth frame in the sequence?