Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 0.10.3 possible bug - tool bar

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:50:10 +0200
Stuart MacDonald wrote:

Ethereal: 0.10.3
Interface: GTK2
OS: Windows XP

This is probably in GTK2, but I don't know for sure.

- right click a packet in the packet list so the context menu appears
- change your mind and left click a toolbar button

Now, GUIs have seemed to have one of two ways of dealing with this.
1: The first left click merely dismisses the context menu, and is not
  passed on to the toolbar button underneath. You are required to
  click a second time to activate the button.
2: The first left click dismisses the menu *and* activates the button.

Ethereal takes a third method:

3: Left click dismisses context menu. All subsequent clicks fail to
activate button, *until* mouse is moved off-button and back on-button.

I've noticed this on some other widgets too, not only the toolbar.

Again, this is one of the GTK topics, I don't know what to do against.

We might want to send this to the GTK people, and see what they can do and if they know this already and maybe even working on it.

Do people on the other platforms (e.g. linux) notice the same problem, or is this win32 specific?

Regards, ULFL