Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] 0.10.3 possible bug - tool bar

From: "Stuart MacDonald" <stuartm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 18:55:23 -0400
Ethereal: 0.10.3
Interface: GTK2
OS: Windows XP

This is probably in GTK2, but I don't know for sure.

- right click a packet in the packet list so the context menu appears
- change your mind and left click a toolbar button

Now, GUIs have seemed to have one of two ways of dealing with this.
1: The first left click merely dismisses the context menu, and is not
   passed on to the toolbar button underneath. You are required to
   click a second time to activate the button.
2: The first left click dismisses the menu *and* activates the button.

Ethereal takes a third method:

3: Left click dismisses context menu. All subsequent clicks fail to
activate button, *until* mouse is moved off-button and back on-button.

So

- right click a packet in the packet list so the context menu appears
- change your mind and left click a toolbar button, ie open file
context menu disappears
- left click open file, *without moving the mouse off the button*
still nothing
- left click
still nothing
etc
- move mouse to somewhere else
- move mouse to open file
- left click
open file dialog appears

This odd behaviour does *not* affect the menu bar, but does affect the
column headers in the packet list, and the display filter buttons at
the bottom.

..Stu