Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Idea for ethereal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:09:50 -0700
On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 12:11:13AM -0400, Don Lafontaine wrote:
> It would be a real handy addition to add client/server capture
> functionality to ethereal.

It would be an even handier addition to add it to libpcap, so you can
do that with applications *other* than Ethereal:

	http://winpcap.polito.it/docs/man/html/group__remote__help.html

although currently the way Ethereal parses the "Interface" field
prevents that from working (it needs to be a bit more careful about
assuming that a colon, on Windows, only separates the interface
description from the interface name).