Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Idea for ethereal

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:46:09 +1000
what i mean is, this exact daemon that you describe already exist.
ethereal already contain the client/server code to hook up to that daemon to
do live captures.
it takes as little resources as possible.
it is dormant when no one is connected to it.

it already exists and is a 100% match to your requirements as you described
them.