Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] ADNS for Windows and Ethereal

From: Jarle Aase <jgaa@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 09:42:08 +0200
Hi,

David H Wescott contacted me and reported that Ethereal for Windows
caused a DNS "storm" while resolving reverse DNS lookups. I checked my
port of the ADNS library, and found two bugs that together could cause
this problem. I've made a new revision of the Win32 ADNS library, that
is confirmed to fix the problem.

The corrected adns_dll.dll (Windows version ID 1.0.0.3) is backwards
compatible with the one currently used in Ethereal.

For more information, see http://adns.jgaa.com

Jarle
--
Jarle Aase                      email: jgaa@xxxxxxxx
Author of freeware.             http://www.jgaa.com

War FTP Daemon:     http://www.warftp.org
War FTP Daemon FAQ: http://www.warftp.org/faq/warfaq.htm
Jgaa's PGP key:     http://war.jgaa.com/pgp
NB: If you reply to this message, please include all relevant
information from the conversation in your reply. Thanks.
<<< no need to argue - just kill'em all! >>>