Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] libtethereal.so Makefile problems

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 23:33:10 -0700
On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 10:39:37PM -0700, Soft Boy wrote:
> I am trying to make tethereal as a shared object file
> (.so) so that I can use the packet decoder (dissector)
> and display filtering code from other applications.

If you're using Ethereal 0.10.3 or later, you can probably just use
libethereal, which we already build.  The packet dissection code and
display filtering code is already in there.

Tethereal was designed to be a program, not a shared library, so it
might not be possible, or easy, to make it work as a shared library.