Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Coloring rules dialog

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 15:51:46 +0100

> > (2) I've become accustomed to the display filter syntax checking
> > colouring. The attached patch to color_dlg.c adds this, but it looks
> > a little odd as it doesn't apply to a new or existing filter until
> > you edit them (existing ones start with the chosen color scheme of
> > the rule, new ones appear with the string "filter" showing plainly).
>
> I'm having trouble parsing the phrase "display filter syntax checking
> colouring". Could you explain what the patch does?
>
> --
> Richard Urwin

This clumsy phrase refers to the neat syntax checking that now appears
'live' in most places where you can edit display filters.
The background to the control changes between green and red to indicate at
all times whether or not the expression being edited is valid or not.

The patch just adds the line

SIGNAL_CONNECT(*colorize_filter_text, "changed", filter_te_syntax_check_cb,
NULL);

to cause this routine to be used in the dialog for editing colouring rules.

Martin