Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Solaris9: Ethereal 0.10.3 : ADNS not detected by configure.

From: "Falk Hayn" <Falk.Hayn@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:34:12 +0200 (MEST)
Dear Ladies and Sirs,

introduced with Ethereal 0.10.1, ADNS is not
detected by configure.

root cause: configure of ethereal does not include the "-lresolv on Solaris
platform

I found this issue still unresolved within Ethereal 0.10.3.

When You follow up with a sample config.log, You will see that
the ADNS detection sequence had unresolved symbols "inet_aton"
due to the missing "-lresolv" lib.

Workaround to let the build proceed:

# for GNU tools
export LDFLAGS="-lresolv"

# for Solaris 9 ld
export LD_OPTIONS="-lresolv"

Afer issuing these 2 export commands on shell level, configure detected
ADNS.

If You have further questions, do not hesitate to contact me.
With kindly regards
F.

--
+++ NEU bei GMX und erstmalig in Deutschland: T�V-gepr�fter Virenschutz +++