Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Gtk2 build fails for static builds

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 01:00:41 +0200
From: Ronnie Sahlberg

| This happens when i try to build a static version of ethereal with
gtk2

<snip>

| /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtk-x11-2.0
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Sounds familiar :( It looks like there is no
libgtk-x11-2.0.[lib_extension] library that matches the invoke of
libtool. I've seen similar (if not the same) issues on CygWin when
trying to build a static Ethereal.

You can always manually replace the '-lFOO' invoke of this libtool
with '/path/to/libFOO.lib_extension' (I need to do so on CygWin anyway
for at least one library).

Regards,

Olivier