Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] TCP/IP Retransmission

From: "Scott Emberley" <scotte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:04:00 -0600
Think about what's really happening.  The RST is after the client acks
(if you actually took the time to look). I can serve 20% more clients in
the same time period (since we are talking about WEB servers).  Open
your eyes and look at what's happening and its benefits rather that
pissing about the fact that some piece of code was not written robustly
enough to handle a procedure that is defined by the specification.

Note: Those nice guys who put the pretty butterfly on your web page were
the first guys to use this process and others followed.

Note: "Wrong" and "Stupid" is an attitude problem for software
developers.  Creative, open minded and flexible attitudes would be more
helpful and productive.