Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal on a plain gtk2 system

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:26:50 +0100
Dear all,

I just installed a Mac OS X system with glib/gtk 2.4 only, that
means no glib/gtk 1.2.

The autogen.sh produced

[fb02np06:~/Documents/ethereal] tuexen% ./autogen.sh
Checking for python.
glibtoolize --copy --force
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
processing .
./aclocal-flags: line 1: gtk-config: command not found
aclocal -I ./aclocal-fallback
autoheader
automake --add-missing --gnu
configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
configure.in: installing `./missing'
Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
autoconf
processing epan
../aclocal-flags: line 1: gtk-config: command not found
aclocal -I ../aclocal-fallback
autoheader
automake --add-missing --gnu
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
autoconf
processing wiretap
../aclocal-flags: line 1: gtk-config: command not found
aclocal -I ../aclocal-fallback
autoheader
automake --add-missing --gnu
autoconf

Now type "./configure [options]" and "make" to compile Ethereal.

I think the errors regarding gtk-config had no consequences but can
they be avoided?
Is it possible that some INSTALL COPYING files are missing?

Best regards
Michael