Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re-indenting the configure script (please test)

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:08:03 +0100
On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 12:20:15AM -0800, Stephen Samuel (leave the email alone) wrote:
> I know that it has to do with insisting on testing the glib
> configureation (it'S *NOT THERE!), but trying to figure out
> the logic of the script is almost impossible

OK, three things:
1) You're a braver man than me, trying to understand the
   configure script.
2) Being lazy, I only try to understand the configure.in
   file, from which configure is automagically generated
   by running the autoconf command.
3) without having either glib or glib2 installed, Ethereal
   will neither build nor run: Some of the core data types
   Ethereal uses come from this lib. You do *not* need
   gtk (unless you want the graphical frontend), but glib(2)
   is required.

I hope this helps. If not, feel free to ask again.

 Ciao
         Jï¿œrg