Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] RE: [Ethereal-users] Re: H.225 SETUP not recognised ? (2)

From: Tomas Kukosa <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:07:25 +0100
|That will, I think, work for TCP - but for other protocols, where the
|reassembly is done above the layer that handles the reassembled data
|(e.g., IP fragment reassembly), that won't do it; we'd have to handle
|that in some other way.

Couldn't we add this to the generic reassembly code?

No, because the generic reassembly code doesn't know what protocols will
show up above the layer at which it's doing the reassembly - even the
dissector *calling* the generic reassembly doesn't necessarily know
that, if heuristic dissectors are involve.

I have an another idea.
Could not we create a new function
void add_new_data_source_reassembled(packet_info *pinfo, tvbuff_t *tvb, char *name, fragment_data *fd_head) which would save to packet_info together with the new data source the list of frames used for its creation. The save routine could check that list and could save all necessary frames (it should be save dialog option).

Any comments?